Jump Main Menu. Go directly to the main content (Acces key S)
End of languages block
End of utilities block
Start of main content
- Gamesa has been honoured with the ‘Golden Peacock Occupational Health & Safety Award’, in the Renewable Energy category. This award, instituted in India in 1992, recognises Corporate Excellence worldwide. The jury has evaluated over 1,000 entries from India and over 25 countries worldwide this current year.
- The world’s first ecodesign-rated wind turbine, the G128-4.5 MW, has been recognized in the IV Edition of the Innovation Awards granted by ‘Muy Interesante’ magazine, in the Environmental category. The jury, formed by 12 independent professionals, highlighted the “wind turbine’s environmental exceptional performance throughout its lifecycle, the technological innovations developed and the advantages in terms of competitiveness and energy efficiency”.
- Gamesa Equity Participation Plan has won the Global Equity Organization (GEO) award for “Best Plan Effectiveness”, which honor impressive companies from around the globe who truly demonstrate their leadership and dedication to their employee stock plans.
- Gamesa has been honoured with three awards in the III Randstad Awards, that recognizes the best companies to work. The company has been awarded in the categories of professional development and commitment to society and the environment, after obtaining the same honours in the 2011 awards. In addition, this year Randstad also gave top prize to Gamesa for its training activities.
- Gamesa has been ranked among the top ten Ibex stocks on sustainability reporting by 'Corporate social responsibility as gleaned from the IBEX 35 members’ annual reports' by Spain’s Corporate Social Responsibility Observatory which each year analyses the quality of the disclosures made in the reports put in the public domain by the companies traded on Spain’s benchmark stock index, the Ibex-35. In the eighth edition of this study Gamesa stood out for its improved performance with respect to corporate responsibility content (where its score places it sixth in this category among Spain’s top 35 blue chips).
- Gamesa has been awarded at the 2011 Cegos and Equipos & Talento Awards for Best Practices in Human Resources for its Skill Development Programme, in the Training an the International categories. These awards praise the Gamesa University Leadership School as an innovative institution with a strong and well-aligned commitment to the company’s strategy and values, particularly its noteworthy growth and international expansion processes. In addition, Gamesa received an award for Professional Recognition.
- Gamesa moves up to No. 7 in the overall ranking of Reporta 2011, an annual review of best practices and communication standards among listed Spanish companies, assessing principles of transparency, adequacy and accessibility.
- Gamesa was recently honoured by the Randstad Awards 2011, which are based on an annual public opinion poll to find Spain's most appealing employers. At this year’s edition of the prizes, Gamesa received accolades in two categories, career development and social and environmental commitment
- Bronze Class status –awarded by Sustainable Asset Management (SAM) and PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)- due to the progress in the area of sustainability.
- Award for Outstanding International Expansion by a Spanish Company from Spain's Círculo de Empresarios (Businessmen's Circle) and the Wharton School. Gamesa was recognised for its 2009 agreement with Huadian New Energy Development to supply wind turbines totalling capacity of 300 MW for wind farms in China’s Inner Mongolia.
- Madrid Excelente 2010 prize in the Great Company category, acknowledging Gamesa’s customer relations effort.
- Actualidad Económica prize for one of the top 100 ideas of 2010 awarded to the Gamesa 4.5 MW platform, currently the most powerful in the onshore wind power segment
- Top product and/or service award for sustainable development awarded to the Gamesa 4.5 MW wind turbine in the 7th edition of the Spanish section of the 2009-2010 European Business Awards for the Environment. The European Business Awards for the Environment are organised by the European Commission Directorate General for the Environment in order to publicly recognise and promote organisations which make an outstanding contribution to sustainable development.
- Finalist in the 2009 Sustainability Report Awards given by the Spanish institute of business accounting and administration (AECA for its initials in Spanish) and the Spanish institute of auditors (ICJCE)
- The Basque Company and Society Foundation awarded Gamesa the prize for Business Innovation in 2008, acknowledging the company’s long-standing research effort and the use and development of management tools at the service of continual improvement and productivity enhancement.
- Reputation Institute – 2010 Reputation Report The Spain Reputation Pulse 2010 report, entitled “The top 100 most reputed companies in Spain”, is part of the Global Reputation Pulse 2010 study conducted in 34 countries by the Reputation Institute. The Reputation Pulse measures corporate reputations based on stakeholders’ trust, esteem, admiration and good feeling about a company.
- The Observatorio de la Responsabilidad Social de las Empresas anually releases a study on Responsibility: Culture, Policies and Practices of IBEX-35 companies. Created by the UGT trade union, this study monitors and analyzes Spanish companies’ progress on responsible strategies, policies and practices. In this study, Gamesa was ranked in tenth overall position. More information: www.observatorio-rse.org.es
- The Observatorio de la RSC,an association composed of 13 organizations representative of civil society, anually presents and releases its study ‘Corporate Social Responsibility in Annual Reports of IBEX-35 companies’. The purpose of this study is to evaluate the quality of information provided on aspects of CSR in documents and reports of public record by the companies that comprise the Ibex 35. As shown in the study released on first quarter 2010, Gamesa is placed in an overall eleven position rising five positions regarding previous study.
More information: www.observatoriorsc.org
- In the most recent release of Spanish Monitor in Corporate Reputation (MERCO) published in March 2010, Gamesa achieves the 62th position with a score of 3,658. MERCO ranks the top 100 companies with best reputation, and more than 1,500 people take part on its elaboration (managers, financial analysts, NGOs, trade unions, consumer associations and leading advocates). In the sector ranking, Gamesa is placed in the fourth position within its activity sector companies.
More information: http://www.merco.info/es
End of main content
© Gamesa 2010